Recently CBS Travel Editor Peter Greenberg and his team asked me to share five of the most beautiful Italian beaches over on his travel site. I know the Internet and travelers love lists like this but to be honest, narrowing any down any selection of "best of" or "most beautiful" in Italy gives me some anxiety - so many great choices. I do think I managed to select some of the most unique and beautiful beaches in Italy including:
- Pescoluse - called "The Maldives of the Salento" - in Puglia
- San Vito in Capo - I really love this one! - in Sicily
- Maddalena Archipelago - okay, truly one of the most beautiful places on Earth - in Sardinia
- Spiaggia Nera - in one of the best resorts (little-known to foreigners) - Maratea - in Basilicata
- Lido Beach - because how cool is it to have a beach in a world-class city? - in Venice
Where are you favorite Italian beaches? Leave a comment below.
Photo of Spiaggia Nera by Lucio D.B, flickr.com