In exchange for adding your e-mail to our mailing list (you can unsubscribe at any time!) we would like to give you a FREE COPY of our e-book Christmas in Italy: Traditions, Travel Tips and Recipes! This 35-page guide to Christmas in Italy includes all of our back content on spending the holidays in Italy as well as new articles on how to celebrate Christmas and New Year's Italian-style, whether you are traveling or staying home.
We've gathered the experts to give you practical Christmas travel advice as well as share their own memories of Italian holiday traditions:
- Dream of Italy Editor Kathy McCabe outlines the Italian holiday season for you, what happens when and more importantly what to eat when.
- Frequent Dream of Italy contributor and Susan Van Allen explains the magic of La Befana and the holiday market at Rome's Piazza Navona.
- Dianne Hales, author of La Bella Lingua, offers a fascinating lesson in the language of the holidays in Italy - a quick Italian lesson for us all.
- Our woman in Rome Frances Kidd heads to Naples to visit the master artisans behind Italian creches.
- Back in the Eternal City, Kidd shares a complete guide to Christmas in Rome.
- McCabe gives readers the 411 on how to see the Pope during the Vatican's Christmas celebrations.
- Shannon Venable of ItaliaKids.com shares how to keep the kids entertained during a holiday visit to Italy.
- Family travel expert Amie O'Shaughnessy of CiaoBambino.com fills us in on hotels offering special Christmas and New Year's packages.
- Three - yes, count 'em three - Venice experts guide us to the best markets, restaurants and events in Venice this Christmas season.
- Laura Faust of CiaoLaura.com instructs us on New Year's traditions in Campania and includes a traditional lentils recipe.
- Robin Locker of MyMelange.net proclaims her love for the classic Italian holiday
dessert - panettone.
- Cookbook author and Tuscany resident Pamela Sheldon Johns fills us in on the best of the holiday season in Tuscany (with recipe).
- The Diva of Tuscan cooking Judy Witts Francini shares four mouth-watering recipes for Italian desserts.
- And much more..