- 4-star or 5-star hotels must have personnel that speak at least two languages. They must provide breakfast areas and have elevators. (2- and 3-star hotels must have elevators above the 2nd story.)
- Room service is required hotels of 3-stars or more. Housekeeping is also guaranteed once a day as well as an afternoon tidy up.
- All 3-, 4-, and 5-star hotel rooms have telephone with direct external lines. 2-star hotels must have phones in the rooms.
- Linens are changed daily in 4- and 5-star hotels. 3-star hotels change their linens three times a week, 2-stars, twice a week. 1-stars change linens at least once a week.
- Bar service is available 8 hours a day at 2-star hotels, 12 hours at 3-stars and 16 hours at 4-and 5-star hotels.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
What Do Italian Hotel Star Ratings Mean?
Did you know that star ratings at Italian hotels are awarded by the government? They can sometimes be tricky to understand. Here are some tips for juding hotel ratings-